July 30, 2012 – JPOE Files Complaint in US District Court against the Village of WHB, East End Eruv Association, LIPA, Verizon
The governmental entities, including LIPA and Verizon, are endorsing and giving preferential treatment to the afront of other varying religious beliefs within Judaism and other religious practices.
The ERUV is a religious symbol conveying a specific message and it serves no secular purpose. Rather, it is a violation of the Establishment Clause of the:
JPOE hired the well known Suffolk County firm of Sinnreich Kosakoff & Messina.
- First Amendment because: It is a governmental endorsement of one particular form of religious practice;
- It reflects governmental discrimination between religions;
- It reflects governmental preference for a particular form of religion or practice;
- It is coercive in nature to those who do not share the views of the endorsed religious practice; and
- It is an excessive entanglement between governmental entities and religion.
Sinnreich Kasadoff & Messina
267 Carleton Avenue, Suite 301
Central Islip, NY 11722
Jonathan Sinnreich, Founding Partner